11And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ….
As we settle into our schedules and life in Phnom Penh, we are beginning to find our rhythm again. The kids have now been in school for over 1 month and while it’s still online, we are grateful still for all the Hope International School and teachers that we have here. The children are also getting to know the kids in our community which is something that we have not had in our previous 3 years in Cambodia. We are so happy that they can ride bikes now without fear of getting hit by cars or wild dogs chasing them (well not as many as before). Please continue to pray though for their schooling. The government has given permission to schools to start planning to re-open soon and so we hope that by month’s end our older 2 kids may be back in classrooms.
Online school again to start the 2021-2022 school year. Sometimes P.E. at home means doing badminton indoors.
We have been getting to know more people and the different ministries here in our work with the Hope Vietnamese Churches. We want to invite you today to pray for us over some of these ministries and people.
Joyce and other CMA IW’s are working with scholarship students who have come out of the New Hope Schools. These students range from grades 6 up to university. It is our desire that as we support these students in their continued education, they will also be discipled. Please pray for these students as they continue to study online, which is more difficult for some than others due to family situations or even lack of technology to adequately support the learning. Please continue to pray for Joyce and the team as they get to know these students better and engage with each of them individually in ways that can encourage their spiritual journey. There are a lot of new names and faces for Joyce and the team to learn. To make things even harder, they have Vietnamese and Khmer names which sometimes are completely different. And to top it off, their Facebook names are often completely different.
Some of the scholarship students that our C&MA team will be discipling so that they not only grow in their educational capacities but also in their spiritual lives.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Doing a land survey the Cambodian way with a string and tape measure. Praise God that the work has been going well so far.
We also want to introduce you to Pastor Tuan Anh who leads KM 11 Hope Church in Phnom Penh We had the opportunity to visit some families close to the church who have been facing financial hardships recently. Through some overseas donations, they were able to give food aid to some families. Please pray for Pastor Tuan Anh, his wife Minh Ngoc, and KM 11 Church as they follow-up with these families to introduce them to the Bread of Life that sustains eternally. Pastor Tuan Anh also oversees a church plant in Ben Van (2 ½ hrs North of Phnon Penh). He goes out almost every Saturday with his wife and others to visit the children and families in the area. They lead a short service that is filled with children who are so excited to sing songs and hear the bible stories. Pray for these children to experience the deep love of Jesus for them and pray that their parents will also be open to hearing the Good News.
This is the church in Ben Van that is out in the countryside along the Tonle Sap River. Pastor Tuan Anh teaching the children about Adam and Eve. The students get so excited about coloring and showing off their artwork to us.
Pastor Tuan Anh and Pastor Trong are just a some of the leaders here in the Hope Vietnamese Churches. We hope to continue to introduce you to more of these leaders in the coming months. Please continue to pray for them as they all need God’s supernatural strengthening in their ministry work and family lives. Pray for them to all experience God’s blessings and encouragement as they lead during this difficult season of Covid.
Lastly, we want to introduce you to our Vietnamese Ministry Team in Phnom Penh. We are excited to be a part of a team that brings together workers from CMA Australia, CMA USA and CMA Canada. All working together to bring glory to God in Cambodia.
Our Vietnamese Ministry Team in Phnom Penh
- Pray for Pastor Trong and Tai Chi Church. Pray that God provides more opportunities for them to share the Gospel in their community
- Pray for the Tai Chi Church fence that the building process will go well and finish in a timely manner. Pray for good relationships with all the neighbours.
- Pray for Pastor Tuan Anh and KM 11 Church. Pray for the follow-up with those in the community that received that food aid last month.
- Pray for the Church in Ben Van. Pray that God will open doors for the parents of the children to also come to faith.
- Pray for the students who are studying online now that God will remove any barriers that are prohibiting them from furthering their education.
- Pray for Joyce and other IW’s who are trying to deepen their relationships with the scholarship students in order to spur them on in their spiritual lives.
- Pray for the church and leaders in Siem Reap as the recent surge in COVID cases has put the city once again on lock-down. Pray for God’s protection upon everyone and that this will not hinder the work.
- Pray for our children as they continue to study online. Pray for the school as they continue to prepare for what will hopefully be a return to in-person learning soon.
- Pray for Joyce as she continues to study Vietnamese. Pray that God will provide for her the language tutors/helpers that she is seeking.
- Pray for Dave as he continues to get to know the leaders and their ministries. Pray that God will help him see the areas that we can partner and support the leaders in.
Dave, Joyce, Jadon, Elisabeth and Josiah