Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.”
It is the end of November which means that many of you are already thinking about Christmas and the end of 2022. But hold up!!!! We are not quite there yet. There is still an entire month of 2022 to go. We have been spending a lot of time reflecting over these past months. Many of these reflective moments have come as we shared at different churches and fellowships. Our family has been asked many times about our various experiences in Cambodia over these last 4 years. We shared many stories that had to do with every day life such as dealing with mosquitos and snakes. We’ve also had the joy of sharing stories about the local Vietnamese people in Cambodia that we work with. We’ve excitedly shared about our desire to empower the present leaders and see new leaders developed so that Jesus can be proclaimed to the furthest reaches of Cambodia, beyond the city centres such as Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
As we have shared, one theme keeps coming up, and that is “PRAYER”. Whether it is the power of prayer that has helped to move the work forward or the need to be praying more for the ministry, prayer has become a primary theme. We recently were reminded that leaders need to also be prayer champions. So as we look at the last month in the year, we want to invite you to join us in championing prayer for the Vietnamese Diaspora living in Cambodia. Below you can find some specific things to be praying for over this next month.
We are very proud of our kids. They have been sharing about Cambodia with different Children’s Ministries while we share with the adults.
- Pray for the Hope Vietnamese Alliance churches in Cambodia. Particularly, pray for the pastors and leaders who are overseeing these churches that they can lead through empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for the younger believers that they will be active members of their churches. In particular, pray for the young adults who have careers; pray that they will be wise stewards of the financial blessings God has given them. Also, pray that the churches will be open to these new young leaders emerging in their midst.
- Pray for the education related ministries. Pray for the 3 elementary schools that our CMA IW’s support to provide education for Vietnamese students. Pray for the discipleship of those students who are receiving scholarships to continue their education beyond grade 5.
- Pray for the two pastors, Trong and Diep, who have begun their ordination program. Pray for the two pastors, Tuan Anh and Vinh, who are mentoring them through this process.
- Pray for Nhieu and Rebecca as they have recently started to lead a new church. Pray for God to give them a vision to reach those inside and outside the church walls.
- Pray for the Christmas outreach programs. Pray especially that they may be able to effectively disciple new believers who come to faith.
- Pray for the joint baptism service that will take place on December 3.
- Pray for Meng, Dep and Tuong as they continue to care for the believers in Siem Reap.
- Pray for 100 year celebration, in January 2023, of the Evangelical Church and the Christian and Missionary Alliance being present in Cambodia.
- Pray for spiritual and physical protection upon all the leaders. Pray that God will provide for all their needs in body, mind and spirit.
- Pray for us and our team of IW’s as we work alongside the local leaders. Pray for wisdom and discernment in our plans.
Thank you for being our prayer champions.
Dave & Joyce, Jadon, Elisabeth, & Josiah.
We are thankful for opportunities to share at churches in Ottawa and Toronto. Exciting to hear about how God is moving in the hearts of people of all ages to be on mission for God.
Ever get a bit confused with the terms we use? Below is a video from last year that helps you understand missions terminology such as LRPG, Unreached, Diaspora etc..
Joshua Project – Vietnamese in Cambodia: https://
Nguyens in Cambodia Facebook: www.facebook.com/djnguyen.ca
Nguyens in Cambodia Website: www.djnguyen.ca
C&MA Global Ministry Website: https://www.cmacan.
C&MA Bio Page: https://